Wednesday, September 10, 2008

I suck, OK?

I know I haven't posted anything in a month. I have been... I don't know, I have had a lot going on. So here's some of what we've been up to.


Running in music class:



Petting critters and riding the carousel at the zoo:





A short note on the zoo:
Clara was a volunteer at the zoo this summer, and we are zoo members this year.
However, I think it's important to note that I have very mixed feelings about zoos. I am vehemently opposed to animals penned up in small enclosures in climates where they are clearly not intended to live, pacing in circles and waiting in misery to die. There are, I think, some good zoos, though, zoos that provide real habitats for animals. The zoos in Portland and Minnesota are good examples of this, and everyone knows about the famous and wonderful San Diego Zoo. Also, undeniably, zoos have prevented the complete eradication of many species, and provide an opportunity for education and exposure to things that kids just can't find elsewhere.
So for right now, I will put my zoo issues aside, and just let my kids have a good time.

No comments:

Om Mani Padme Hum