Saturday, February 21, 2009

A week ago today, on Valentine's Day, the kids and I went to see a play called "The Sorcerer's Other Apprentice." It was a cute play given by a teeny tiny little company, Company On Stage, in a very strange little theater located in the innards of a long abandoned, crumbling apartment complex.
I think that Gideon has now officially attended just about every kind of arts event possible. He's been to plays, museums, the opera, folk music shows, jazz and classical music concerts, various dance performances, a variety of cultural events, and an anime convention.
I wish I'd had that kind of exposure to the arts when I was a tot.
He's a lucky little lad.


Then, this past Thursday, it was a beautiful, beautiful day - truly a perfect day - and Gideon suggested we go to the zoo:





My camera battery died just after we arrived at the Children's Zoo area, and of course right after that a slew of priceless photo ops presented themselves, including Gideon petting a chicken, an unusually huge guinea pig, and a ferret, among various other generally adorable things.
I took a few pictures with my phone and might post them if I ever get around it. Considering that it takes me weeks to post anything to the blog at all, though, don't hold your breath.

2 comments:

Giovani said...

Hi-i!

Gideon's so adorable! :O)

He looks like he's having a ball with all those animals and activities. I can see why you hesitated to cut his locks, but he'll be dashing no matter what! ;O)

Sunshine & Blessings,
Giovani

Mam said...

Thank you, Giovani!
♥♥♥

Om Mani Padme Hum