Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Discovery Green

This past Sunday, on a whim, we decided to pop over to Discovery Green for a kids' free jazz concert in the park. I'd never been there before, and I really didn't even know it existed. It must have come to be during the time we were living in Portland - or maybe it was here all along and I just never knew about it?
We were completely surprised by its awesomeness, had a really great time and we will definitely be back soon and often. There was a ton of stuff going on and the park itself has a decidedly Portland-y feel: there is a playground, a couple of fountains and dancing water dealies for the kids to play in, a little lake, some sculptures, a stage for live performances, lots of rolling hills and grassy expanses, frolicking dogs and children, and even a little restaurant so you can grab something to eat - and some wine or beer - while you're relaxing in the park. It's our kind of place!

Here is Gideon with the groovy "Art Cart" (or so I am calling it) that the kind gentelman manning it allowed Gideon to "drive." (Eek - tortured grammar alert!)





No comments:

Om Mani Padme Hum